03 September 2012

Labour Day...

Summer is over and tomorrow begins another new school year.  I am always anxious for my children at the beggining of each new school year.  Will they have fun?  Will they get a good teacher?  Will they make new friends?  But this year, my anxiety has hit an all time record high.  Brand new school district (since we no longer live in Surrey) and TWO brand new schools for my kids.  One starting high school (and this alone sends me into convulsions...) without any of his elementary friends, and one going into Gr 4 in a brand new built school (still amazed that they have it ready for tomorrow!!), again without any of her little friends.  Oy, the acid churns...  And get this - my children will walk to school for the first time EVER.  Yup, you read that right.  We have lived out of catchment their entire school lives up to now.  I have had to drive them to and from school everyday.  No more.  Both kids will walk to school now.  Bella to and from, and Ethan from.  He will get dropped off in the mornings as he starts school very early.   And I am anxious about them walking!  How stupid am I??  I worry that I have not taught them proper street crossing etiquette.  Have I taugh my kids to always walk with purpose?  Don't dawdle.   Pay attention to their surroundings.  Do my kids even know how to read a street sign just in case they get turned around in the new neighbourhood??  Right now not feeling very confident...  So to my children, have a wonderful 2012/2013 school year.  Make new friends.  Make good friends.  Be safe.  Be kind.  Be respectful.  Be productive.  Be included.  Be studious.  And don't forget to message me every day when you get to school and when you leave school.  And during school as well (as long as you don't get caught!! he heeee).

Happy Labour Day all.

Ciao.

No comments: